My robot is now voice controlled! This has been a goal of mine for a long time, and I tried a lot of different ideas. I first tried to use an Easy VR Shield, which allows for voice control with pre-implemented commands, but it was a defective shield. Then, I decided that I would try to write an API (automated processing interface) to interface with Google's voice recognition. Even though I'd never written anything as complicated as an API, I was dauntless and excited to learn! After doing research about how to write an API, I realized that there was an easier way: just use the dictation tool that comes with my Mac! I'm really excited about this voice recognition and for the opportunity it gave me to learn about APIs.