Arduino Pong Game

For my BlueStamp project I chose the Arduino pong game. I chose this project because I like playing games and have been interested in making games so after I looked through the projects. I decided to make pong.

Engineer

Argus C

Interests

Electrical Engineering

School

Drew High School

Grade

Incoming 9th grader

Final Milestone

For my final milestone I made a box out of work for my game. In the process of putting my game in its box, I ran into some complications. The lights started to make the Arduino heat up, so I had to change the lights to an external power source. Once I fixed my LEDs, then I had to finish setting up the game in its box. I had to desolder some things and I had to resolder other things in the box. After I made every thing fit and rewired everything, I was finished and got to play the for the first time.

Second Milestone

My second milestone was getting my Pong game to work. The light board was not in the right orientation so instead of desoldering the lights, I got some new code that almost worked with my current set up- I just needed another light board. Luckily, I had another, so I connected it to the first. After I did that, I booted up the game and it ran perfectly. What I am going to do next is put my game in a case and make it look much better than it does. Another thing I am going to do is connect the two screens because sometimes they slide apart and it makes it hard to play.
My second milestone was getting my Pong game to work. The light board was not in the right orientation so instead of desoldering the lights, I got some new code that almost worked with my current set up- I just needed another light board. Luckily, I had another, so I connected it to the first. After I did that, I booted up the game and it ran perfectly. What I am going to do next is put my game in a case and make it look much better than it does. Another thing I am going to do is connect the two screens because sometimes they slide apart and it makes it hard to play.
My second milestone was getting my Pong game to work. The light board was not in the right orientation so instead of desoldering the lights, I got some new code that almost worked with my current set up- I just needed another light board. Luckily, I had another, so I connected it to the first. After I did that, I booted up the game and it ran perfectly. What I am going to do next is put my game in a case and make it look much better than it does. Another thing I am going to do is connect the two screens because sometimes they slide apart and it makes it hard to play.

First Milestone

My first milestone was to figure out the lights and make sure they work for my Arduino pong game. This included figuring out the wiring of the lights. I had some trouble with the wiring, I was putting the GND or hot wire in the place where I need to put the wire that produced the electricity. What is happening is when I plug the Arduino into a power source the code on the Arduino make the light stay on. Something I found is if I unplug the ground and the power but keep the other wires plugged in and I keep the Arduino plugged in too, the lights would flicker. That made me think that I would need the other wires for things like controls for the paddles and the out put for the code of the way the ball moved and when the paddles hit the ball. Since I don’t have the controllers for the pong paddle set up and I don’t have all the code, I am not able to make the game run but that is my next steps.

project

Muterals:

1: Rotary Potentiometer – 10k Ohm, Linear

2: MagiDeal MAX7219 LED Dot Matrix Display Module 8×8 for Arduino¬† x2

3: Arduino Nano

4: ELEGOO Upgraded Electronics Fun Kit w/Power Supply Module, Jumper Wire, Precision Potentiometer, 830 tie-Points Breadboard for Arduino, STM32

5: Anker Battery pack

6: Perf Board

7: Switch power supply cord and wire adapter

8: Hinges x2

9: 1/8 inch plywood

10: Sow

Pressure Sensor Servo

My Starter Project was getting a servo to spin with a pressure sensor and Arduino. I had to connect the sensor to the Arduino and I had to connect the servo to the Arduino. I encountered some troubles with the wiring. I would put it in the wrong order, but after I figured that out I had no more troubles finishing my project. Since I did not have a huge challenge, I was able to finish it in a day.

Leave a Comment

Start typing and press Enter to search