My final milestone, though the easiest, took the most time. Soon after completing my second milestone, I learned and ran gcode, which is a programming language used for controlling automated machines. The problem was obvious; the pen was unstable and the up and down movement wasn’t reliable enough for it to actually function as the machine drew. The gears were loose and the pen would slide down randomly. I had to take the project back some steps and remove the pen mount. I used a different section of my second drive to use as my z axis. It took me a couple of days to glue, mount, and also figure out the position of my servo. I re-ran gcode and well, one of my stepper motors wouldn’t run. After testing out a couple of factors and changing the motor shield, they worked. I ran the gcode, and it worked. I also use Inkscape to make my own gcode. Inkscape is a graphics editor that’s used in my project to upload images, texts, and drawing for machines.
If time permits, I would like to clean up the wiring on my CNC machine and maybe make a pen holder.