My main project was an electromagnetic floater. It seemed like a fairly simple and fun project to do but I went through a lot of trouble doing it. I started by doing the code of it and that took me a week. The code was simple yet long since there were so many parameters that I had to account for. After that, I found out that I didn’t have an H-Bridge to work with. The H-bridge was one of the main components of the project since it controlled the flow of electricity to the magnet. I continued on to work on the rest of the circuit and I was able to finish the rest. I then found out that I also didn’t have a photo diode which I also need for the project. Besides the circuit, I also made the sketch-up for the mechanical design of the project. The design is attached below.
Starter Project Metronome

My starter project was a digital metronome. The metronome was a fairly simple machine with a small circuit. The power starts from the batteries and goes through the wires to the circuit. It then follows the path to the switch and then to the diode. After that, it goes to the capacitor where the energy is held. After that it goes to the resistor where it is controlled and then goes through the micro-controller, which controls what the power does and then goes to the displays and the speaker. I ran into a couple of issues while working on the project. All my issues started with one very simple mistake, putting in the diode the wrong way. It seemed like a simple fix, all I had to do was unsolder it and flip the diode and it should have worked. Unfortunately, through the process of unsoldering, I melted the connections to the diode so it didn’t work with any diode in it. After I figured that out, I realized I would have to bypass that part, which required me to learn how to read the circuit diagram. After learning how to read one and figuring out where the power in the circuit is going, I was able to solder on a wire to connect wires from the switch to the power and the capacitor, without going through the diode. Then, one of the wires which connects the power fell out. This also seemed like a fairly simple fix but when I unsoldered the wire and re-soldered it, the connection to the switch also broke so I couldn’t connect it to the switch either, something I couldn’t fix. I connected a wire directly to the capacitor and finally it worked, except for the fact that the switch to turn it on/off didn’t function so the only way to turn it on/off was to take out or put in the batteries directly.

Leave a Comment

Start typing and press Enter to search

Bluestamp Engineering