Hello my name is Tahmid. Iam a rising senior at Bronx Compass high school. During my time at Bluestamp I worked on two projects one starter and an intensive project. My starter project is a weevil eye what it is basically two led lights turning on and of based on how much light is around it. I chose this project to get myself familiarized with different components. My intensive project is gesture control car. It’s a car controlled by hand gestures. I chose this particular project because I wanted to do something fun, unique and challenging. This really stand out to me the most. It’s not very often we see something is controlled by gestures. So I thought this would be very unique,and quite helpful, in learning more about engineering and towards my future.
This project was really awesome I could do so much modifications with this technology. This was also very challenging I struggled with getting the motors to turn. My H-bridge was heating up also coding was a bit challenging so I had to spend immense amount of time on codes trying to figure out how I had give the commands. In the end I finished everything, I built my car, and it works perfectly fine. I had lot of fun with building this project. Working on this project definitely made me feel like a engineer, I was thinking like an engineer instead of just going around and asking for help I researched and found my own answer. This was a really helpful project, doing this project changed me as a person.
In my final milestone I showed my gesture control car. I programmed my arduino on my glove to send different commands to the car when different sensors are flexed. The arduino sends commands to the other arduino located on the car through the xbees. When I flex one of my sensors the xbee sends out a value and the other xbee receives that signal and makes the car move forward, backward, left and right. This was a really cool project and I will definitely make some modifications to it maybe add a claw or make a gesture control drone.
This project was really awesome. I could make so many modifications with this technology. This project was also very challenging because at first, I struggled with getting the motors to turn. The reason for this was that my H-bridge was heating up. Also, coding was a bit challenging, so I had to spend immense amount of time working on code trying to figure out how I had to send commands. In the end I finished everything. I built my car, and it works perfectly fine. I had lot of fun with building this project. Working on this project definitely made me feel like a engineer, I was thinking like an engineer instead of just going around and asking for help I researched and found my own answer. This was a really helpful project, doing this project changed me as a person.
My Bill of Materials
In my second milestone I talked about connecting the Xbees. There are two Xbees: one connected to the glove, and another one in the car. In order to get the Xbees communicating they need to share each other. https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/xbee-shield-hookup-guide this website provides the informations to connect the Xbee’s. Basically you have to download XCTU and press on add device get them to configure. Once you have updated both Xbee give them the same pan ID in hexadecimal form. Also switch up the DH and DL in XBee’s. Once that’s done the XBees are connected.