Computer Game Creation
My project is to create my own computer game, and I chose to make a Touhou bullet-hell game, which is an STG(Shooting Game) with a massive amount of bullets.
Notice: The computer game I created with Unity was based on the Original Touhou Project bullet-hell game by ZUN, and most of the elements, including bgm, sound effects, bullets, characters, and painting are all either from the original game or doujin (fan base) creations. The background of the game was borrowed from opengameart (https://opengameart.org/content/space-background-01) by Satur9.
Anime, Video Game, Coding, Music
Third (Final?) Milestone
In my second milestone, I successfully transformed my game from an alpha version to a beta version–a version of the game which is runnable and featured complete. I first changed my bullet patterns to make them look more interesting. Instead of firing shots randomly like in milestone I, I made a gameobject which rotates and fires shots rapidly, making a pattern like this: I also created another rotating gameobject, but this time it fires from six different points, and larger bullets, making a pattern like this: Besides making the bullets more entertaining, I also included some basic interfaces. On the right side of the game screen, there are two columns, showing both the number of spells that will be a feature included in my final milestone and the health bar for the player. On the top, there is a health bar for the enemy. I also created a win screen, a loss screen, and a basic starting screen, indicating the start and the end of the game.
For my first milestone for the intensive project, which is making my own computer game, I finished an alpha build of my game– a simple sample of the game with a start, fundamental game feature, and an end. Currently, the game has five main game objects: camera, background, collision box, Reimu (the player character), and Marisa(the enemy character). The camera shoots the screen, and the background represents the background, whereas the collision box, Reimu, and Marisa are relatively more complex. The collision between the game objects was the most challenging part, even after switching all the objects to 3D, the objects were still not colliding with each other in the way I wanted. Even now when it works, I still didn’t know how I did it–which is something I need to figure out for my milestone 2.