For my first milestone, I set up my two stepper motors. I used these motors to control the x-axis and y-axis of the CNC plotter. The stepper motors run on a 9-volt wall charger with a current of 1000 milliamps and a 9-volt battery with a current of 500 milliamps. I wrote some basic code to test the motion of the motors by making them move different distances forwards and back. The problems came when trying to connect the stepper motors to the motor driver shield. The stepper motor is connected to a ribbon cable, so I had to spend a lot of time soldering wires to each wire in the ribbon cable. At first, I thought I could solder the wires in pairs because the same current was flowing through the adjacent pairs in the ribbon wire, but the motor wouldn’t run so I realized that the wires can’t be soldered together. I desoldered the wires and resoldered them to their corresponding pin on the ribbon wire. This caused the driver shield to run only one motor. I figured out that the motor driver shield didn’t have enough current to run both motors, so I hooked up a 9-volt battery to the driver motor shield which caused both stepper motors to run. My next milestone will be finishing the structure for the CNC plotter and setting up the stepper motors for the x-axis and y-axis and servo for the z-axis.