Remote Summer Program
Taking place in the safety and comfort of home, students are challenged to create their passion project while being fully supported remotely by expert instructors.
About the Program
In order to prioritize the safety and health of our students and staff, we’ve transformed our in-person summer program into an advanced, hands-on, remote learning program. The remote program provides students with the same deliverables as our in-person program, including project-building skills, hands-on circuit-building experience, and functional coding knowledge. Each student selects their project and builds it individually. Projects can be modified for all levels of experience. Students are encouraged to continue building with the parts and tools – either by joining another session or on their own!
- Three-week, instructor-led online program
- Monday – Friday, 2.5 hours/day
- Evening support hours – 1.5 hours/day
- 4:1 student-staff ratio
- Three consecutive sessions
- Sign up for multiple sessions
- Industry expert guest lecturers
- Weekly engineering career discussions
- Students create project web page and present project virtually
- Location: Nationwide
- Pick a project you'll love from over 30 options
- Start dates: June 15 (application deadline May 22); July 6 (application deadline June 19); July 27 (application deadline July 10)
- Session times: 9 a.m. EST/6 a.m. PST; 12 p.m. EST/9 a.m. PST; 3 p.m. EST/12 p.m. PST
- Dedicated Slack channel to collaborate anytime
- Customization and Personalization of Project
- Parts and tool set shipped directly to you - to keep!
Students Get To
- Complete a real engineering project
- Use tools and equipment similar to those used by engineering companies
- Learn the engineering design cycle
- Develop project and circuit building skills
- Network with engineers and entrepreneurs
- Understand job tasks of an engineer
- Develop a passion for engineering and technology
Past Student Projects
Similar to our in-person program, students have the option to choose between a wide variety of projects related to their interests and desired skill sets. Below we’ve linked a selection of student portfolios with projects from our program that we plan on offering in the remote program. Our full project book will have about 45 options for base projects that will all be fully customizable with modifications.
I was enrolled for the in-person program, do I have to apply again?
What does the remote classroom look like?
When can I start?
- 9am EST/6am PST
- 12pm EST/9am PST
- 3pm EST/12pm PST
How many hours is the program?
What is in the project kit?
What do I need to participate?
What about demo night?
How will this differ from the in-person program?
Students will still get to select their own project and design their own modifications, they will still make portfolios for showcasing to college, and we will still have Demo Night!
Can I still do a student-defined project?
While you will have to choose one of ~30 curated project choices, each project can be customized to the specific interest of the student